Monday, June 11, 2012

Closing the Book

So today I took Mathion off all major self-publishing ebook sites. In addition, I have cancelled the planned release of the Revised & Expanded Edition. This was for a very specific reason.

I want to be traditionally published. MATHION was written with the intent of being represented by a literary agency and then distributed by a major publishing house. Many of those who have read and reviewed the initial edition of MATHION have expressed similar sentiments, and for that I thank you. The simple fact of the matter is I don't have the time or resources to properly market MATHION as an independent book, and for an agency, in this business, it's all about sales. And I understand that. But in a market that has already been capitalized on by many others who HAVE those resources, I can only do so much. Sadly, that is reflected in my sales. I have every confidence in myself and my work, and I will continue to write.

I will NOT give up. And I already know there are a few out there who refuse to let me. And I thank each and every one of you.

All those who've read my work, thank you so much for your support. It really means a lot to me when I read reviews from people I don't know expressing their enthusiasm for my work, and I promise that MATHION will live up to your (and my) expectations when I am finally published.

No comments:

Post a Comment